Sunshine Fresh Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Muffins
This muffin is scrumptious and so moist and melty sweet.. The nut struesel adds a lovely crunchy texture to the top. Remember that Seinfeld episode…marketing the eating of muffin tops??? This is such the crunchy morsel to indulge in that pleasure. The tangy cranberries and a lovely contrast to the gooey goodness of the white organic Green & Blacks White Chocolate chunks. Totally addictive with the home baked aroma and oooh yes the heavenly taste. The sunshine part comes from the beautiful golden yellow colour…it’s the buttermilk!
Sunshine Fresh Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups organic all purpose flour
3/4 cup organic white cane sugar
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup avocado oil (canola may be used)
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup whole fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate, chunks (try organic Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate, 2 x 35 g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a non-stick muffin tin.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, 1/4-cup brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda and mix with wire whisk.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, avocado oil, and buttermilk with whisk until smooth
- Combine egg mixture to flour mixture until just blended.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chunks (coarsely chopped).
- Divide mixture into prepared muffin cups
- Sprinkle each with some of the streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cake tester come out with few moist crumbs.
- Let cool in muffin tins for 3-4 minutes.
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup nutri blend flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
In small bowl, combine walnuts, 1/3-cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Nutri Blend flour and 3 tablespoons melted butter and mix until crumbly.